Google

POKOK KL CAFÉ @ MAHSA AVENUE

It was a lazy Sunday morning where I supposed to honour my promise in joining the swimming class and at the same time, I’m much more looking forward to the next agenda which should be tummy-refuelling time- café hoping! Just can’t help with the avid inner foodie stint of mine, hehe (=
So after some couple of hours’ of pool splashing, we dropped by this greenery-promoting café of Pokok KL that was eye-catching with its glassy architecture. Only then I realized it was so near to my alma mater- University Malaya.
Naturally there would always be queue at any hipster café especially during the weekend. Glad that we were seated after waiting for some 30 minutes’ or so.
Gotten some snack first while waiting for the mains to be delivered and ultimately, you can’t go wrong with fries- plus it’s my all time favourite too!
Signature Truffle Fries (MYR 18)
Served alongside with some dipping of mayo and spicy mayo with light dash of dried herbs.
 
Coffee Cheesecake (MYR 15)
A decent slice of chocolaty indulgence that was not overly cloying, albeit I don’t mind enjoying it with much stronger caffeine nuance.
 Down Under (15)
Chose this mainly cause I was curious about this drink to be cheekly named such way if it’s their signature drink. Eventually concluded that it was some sort like a affogato but it’s in the version of an Iced Latte topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Given a second choice, I think I’m good with a hot latte.
Chili Padi Pesto Pasta (MYR 20)
We went for mild spiciness and add on with grilled chicken breast for MYR 5. I’m always a big fan of pesto culinary, much more when the sauce is made inhouse and not those from mass production.
Pasta was slightly overcooked that the ideal al dente, but it was made up by the juicy slices of chicken breast.
Baked Farm (MYR 25)
Comes with lamb albondigas, crispy beef bacon and sausage chunks in tomato puree topped with shaved parmesan and 2 poached eggs.
Not too bad, quite a competitive good try as the lamb meatballs weren’t that dreadful gamey in taste and I kind of enjoyed them.
Reminds me of Shakshuka (Middle Eastern Baked Egg) that I had at Birch, DC Malland Mrs Jones Café in Denmark.
It was a quick fix for a leisure outing over toothsome savoury feast. But I don’t mind to relish further in sweet decadence and thence, Sesame & Coconut Gelato next at Owls Café x Midorie located at Mytown Shopping Mall, to wrap up my day on a sweet note.
It can get  very, very thirsty after some swim, haha........

  Cheers for now and follow us at Carpe Diem for more ‘food-ful’ discoveries! ℒℴѵ
Location: MAHSA Avenue, Block B, Jalan Elmu, off, Jalan Universiti, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
Contact: +603- 8408 1811


*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿

To stay updated
Like & Follow Like & Follow Carpe Diem for more sharing of what’s in vogue and happening in town.

You can also follow me on
Instagram (Instagram (@lwinwenli)and Twitter (Twitter (@lwinlee) for more photos sharing or just to say Hi.

*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿

Comments

  1. cool shots! I've been to pokok kl after checking out a review and it's really awesome. love the glass house concept. it was a bit hard to find tho in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts