Google

LWIN LEE | Donutes Coffee & Bakery @ Dataran Sunway




After recent months of cultivating a faithful following at Uptown for its many mushrooming coffee places, this time round, our tete-a-tete session has brought us to Dataran Sunway, to have a greet-and-‘eat’ affair, with another new addition to the bandwagon, Donutes Coffee & Bakery (= . 






It is a bakery brand originally from Taiwan which has since vowed our local foodies with its myriad of tantalizing bakeries, besides its pretty inventive coffee choices too.








Interior designs unleash some chic with a mixture of sleek elegance to it. I kinda like the blue wall at one nook that also comes with a couple of comfy couch for you to unwind with their food and beverages. Surroundings are rather quaintly decorated with some dim lightings as well. 







One bite of bread, one bag of bliss! Indeed an aphorism adopted appropriately by this Taiwanese café. One of the signature pastry here would be the Luo Song or Buttery Bread Rolls.


Taiwan Rosong (MYR 5.80)

Wow! That’s what literally uttered out by me when I first saw it. It is indeed a huge, huge piece of bread, almost the size of my face! **** pun intended by the way ^_^



This gigantic pastry actually comes boldly and confidently without any filling in it, but delectably enhanced by its enticing fragrance of butter aroma. The texture is fluffy and quite spongy, although we couldn’t quite relate to its appearance in the first place, haha. I enjoy the slight milkiness that comes with it and it reminds me of my favourite, England Short Bread too.


Surprisingly, the bread remains soft even thought I have it slightly later on and also as the next day’s breakkie, since we kick off the cuppa session with their coffee and dessert instead.






Strawberry Tilu (MYR 6.60)

It’s a soft vanilla cake base, that comes with fresh strawberry and fruity strawberry stuffing.








Matcha Senna (MYR 6.60)

For green tea fans like me, you could give this velvetly-creamed matcha roll, that is light and palatably with its azuki and cream stuffing. People who likes creamy sensation would enjoy this dessert.








Uji Matcha (MYR 7.50)

Another green tea series that I bump into, that is uniquely presented with a thin layer of mochi in the between the matcha mousse and chocolate cake, that explains why it actually looks more like a mousse to me. However, I would appreciate it to be a whole lot of Uji Matcha (I don’t mind it is really creamy and milky) where I could really savour and relish the wholesomeness of matcha goodness!





As for the coffee, we choose to go along with a cold and a hot version. 



Iced Caramel Macchiato (MYR 10.50)




Hazelnut Tiramisu Latte (MYR 8.50)

Obviously am intrigued by the combination of ingredients used :) Fortunately, this funky idea doesn't let me down as I actually find it pretty toothsome, where you get to enjoy a combination of light nutty flavor with the aromatic coffee, although tiramisu wise, is not that apparent. Nevertheless, it makes an interesting cup of creative blend. Yum!






Overall, it was a pampering night and as its maxim goes, “Life can be dreary, because you have Donutes”. Guess I would be returning again soon.






Location:
No1,Jln Pju 5/13 Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya

Contact : 03-6145 7262

Comments

Popular Posts