Google

LWIN LEE | ESTANA CURRY HOUSE: BANANA LEAF





Nestled within affluent locales in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, ESTANA CURRY HOUSE offers a hearty wide array of dishes, appealing to both vegan folks and non-vege foodies as well.






I came to know about Estana Curry House through a vegetarian colleague, who has been enjoying the awesome spread of banana leaf and has been giving good remarks about it. These then naturally renders the turbulence of the curiosity of the adventurous foodie in me, thus, we head there several times ever since.





Airy and simple vintage décor of the Indian culture, is what you could expect upon walking into the restaurant. It is usually packed especially during lunch hours, so do head over here earlier should you want to grab a nice place to savour your vegetarian banana leaf repast. (I do hope they are opened during the weekend or operate till dinner, at least I have other slot options to drop by, minus out the crowd)







For this banana leaf meal, you have a choice to go vegetarian or order their meat ala carte, and to have white rice or beriani rice.








I have had a fair share of both, and my personal verdict, I prefer the former choice, which goes just decently well with all the vegetarian dishes and gravy that are set to flood my rice soon! ^^


 





The beriani rice is good too, just that I will end up with more than I could handle- literally full to the brim! Don’t belittle this humble pot of spiced rice as the end result might just smirk at you 
speechlessly (=




For the sides, you could whet your palate toothsomely with the piquant pickles, sweet and sour onion relish, famous fried bitter gourd or stir-fried version, amongst others.





Ah, and this, are my favourite of all! I just can't have enough of it, and the 'ahne' is so happily topping me more every now and then = )

Lovely and crispy papadum!





Not forgetting some iced lemon tea or rasam to complete the meal on a heightened satisfying note :)





Honestly, this eatery does make a good “makan” place for people looking for a healthier and ‘greenier’ life style. But again, do remember to go easy on your plate- banana leaf, as some times, those yummy and inviting luscious gravies might get the better of you. So, enjoy your meal wisely and most importantly, moderately.


Location: 

23, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia




Comments

Popular Posts