Google

THE CURLY TAIL @ JALAN TOKONG, MELAKA

 

Never did it cross my mind to actually scout for Western food whenever we are having a quick excursion at heritage town like Melaka. Most of the time, the “To-Eat” list mainly comprises of local delights that stay true to its roots on top of some café hopping.



Anyway, after much reassurance and recommendation from my fellow alma mater senior who is also local native to this town, I heeded the idea without much hesitation (Glad I did not, hehe)




 

It’s rather oblivion if you do not pay close attention enough to its hanging wooden signboard on the top while surrounded by dangling plants. Chances are- I might overlook this place for another heritage lodging (=

 

 

So we started off with some warm soup before moving on anticipatingly to its mains.

 

Portobello Mushroom Soup with Truffle Butter (MYR 18.90)

It was alright but I was hoping for a slightly more pungent truffle nuance as in my usual truffled nosh.

 


Up next was none other than its signature Spanish pork!

Spain’s Iberico Pork- the Kobe beef version for the pork world where the perfect marbling beholds……..

 



As the other pork fillet types had run out, so we settled down with fan cut and baby ribs.


Fan (Abanico- MYR 43.90)

Comes with homemade meat salt, potato cake, pickles and garlic confit.

After just the first bite, I could immediately crown this as my fave!



 


Not only that the meat was succulently juicy and tender, but there was this unexplainably sweetness that got heightened up as you chewed on.

Not forgetting those pickles were very appetizing too! I love the vinegared kelp most! Reminds me of my fave Japanese dining at Sushi Hibiki.



 

 

Whisky Baby Ribs (MYR 72 | MYR 24/100g)

Served with potato wedges, vegetables, roasted garlic and homemade salt


 


Flavourful and soft meat that easily fork off effortlessly. 

 


Mini Lemon Tartlets (MYR 15.90 – 4pcs)

I don’t mind if it could be much more sour, for I adore my dessert to be tangy, hehe.


 

Before calling it a day, had some freshly prepared juices to clear down the throat.

 

Apple Beetroot Slow Juice (MYR 13.90)

Iced Passion Fruit Tea (MYR 15.90)


 

In a nutshell, I really did not expect that we might fall head over heels for their many fresh porky cuts. And that definitely warrants another return soon!

 

 

Cheers for now and follow us at Carpe Diem for more ‘food-ful’ discoveries! ℒℴѵ

Address: 53, Jalan Tokong, 75200 Melaka

Contact: +606-281 1797

FB: https://www.facebook.com/thecurlytailrestaurant/

 

 

*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿


To stay updated

Like & Follow Like & Follow Carpe Diem for more sharing of what’s in vogue and happening in town.


You can also follow me on

Instagram (Instagram (@lwinwenli)and Twitter (Twitter (@lwinlee) for more photos sharing or just to say Hi.

 

*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿*¨゚✎・✿.。✿*¨゚✎・ ..:* *.:。✿

 


Comments

Popular Posts